Hosting por dinahosting.

The unfair distribution of global wealth
IN 2015 1% OF THE GLOBAL POPULATION OWNED HALF THE WORLD’S WEALTH

In other words: 1% of the world population, those whose assets are valued at $760,000, have as much money —either liquid or invested— as the remaining 99% of the population.

  • In other words: 1% of the world population, those whose assets are valued at $760,000, have as much money —either liquid or invested— as the remaining 99% of the population.
  • 34 million people have assets over 1 million dollars. They represent 0.7% of the world population, but their accumulated fortunes represent 45.2% of the global wealth.
  • 349 million people (7.4% of the world population) own between $100,000 and one million dollars, and accumulate 39.4% of the global wealth.
  • Those with between $10,000 and $100,000 are 21% of the population —over one billion people— and have 12.5% of the total global wealth.
  • The last group is those who have less than $10,000, which brings together 3,386 million people. This is 71% of the world population with only 3% of the TOTAL GLOBAL WEALTH.

In other words, 92% of the population only owns 15.5% of the world’s wealth..

*per cent of the active world population.

* Source: World Wealth Report 2015, produced by CREDIT Suisse .